Take a Christmas themed communion. The bread and the cup are a little different to usual today with some Christmassy spices added to add an extra dimension to the experience. Take communion as you usually would.
We take communion as a way of remembering Jesus and all he has done for us by using our body. Jesus himself gave this practice to his followers. Communion is something we do together as a community.
We receive the bread to represent the body of Jesus Christ, which was broken for us in his death on the cross.
We receive the cup to represent the blood of Jesus Christ, which was shed for us.
At Christmas, we are even more aware of the gift of Jesus. The birth, life and death of Jesus was the most incredible and sacrificial gift of love from God to us.
By his death and his resurrection, we are washed clean of our sins and are free from the power of sin and death. The Light of the World gives us life.
As you take communion, take time to repent and receive God’s forgiveness and cleansing. Receive the love of God and the fullness of life he had for you.
- Christmas Tree Station – Location: Hub
- Scents Station – Location: Auditorium front left
- Floating Candles Station – Location: Entrance foyer
- Wise Men Gifts Station – Location: Auditorium at back
- Communion Station – Location: Auditorium front right
- Manger Station – Location: Auditorium front left corner
- Gift Station (Candy canes) – Location: Auditorium back corner
- Blessing Station – Location: foyer
- Song Station – Location: Kowhai room
- Art Station – Location: Rimu room
- Starry Skies Station – Location: Auditorium stage
- Story Stations – Location: Hub